Skip to content

FAN control OMV Auyfan 0.10.12: gitlab-ci-linux-build-184, Kernel 5.6

Linux
  • Hey,

I will do it in english, hope it is okay. Thanks, for very informative forum.

My question is, is it possible to control the FAN in the newest OMV Auyfan 0.10.12: gitlab-ci-linux-build-184, Kernel 5.6?
    The install was very easy no problems at all, the only problem is i did try some different commands to reach the fan, but was not able to get it going. Do somebody know how? Thanks.

Best Regards.
    Soeren

• Hi Soeren,

I have this succesfully running.

Kind Regards
    Martin

• @mabs sagte in FAN control OMV Auyfan 0.10.12: gitlab-ci-linux-build-184, Kernel 5.6:

Hi Soeren,

I have this succesfully running.

Kind Regards
    Martin

Thanks, i will try the fan tool again. I'm almost sure i did try without luck, have you edited something in the fan tool conf..?

• Hi,

I only played with two parameters.

I have two rockpro64 boards, currently one has a small fan and the other one has a large fan.

Therefore I changed PROFILE_NR accordingly.

Also I have ALWAYS_ON on true on the one with the large fan, but don't see a difference. The fan goes on and off still, maybe I misinterpreted the parameter.

Also I just noticed now that the CTL settings of the version on github changed slightly, but I think this only improved the detection depending of the kernel settings.

M

• @mabs

With the new OMV kernel 5.6 image from Auyfan, i can't get the FAN to spin - If the fan spins it runs really slow, no sound from the fan.

With the FAN tool the master installation "failed" and with the release installation it did report "active"..
    I have installed a 92mm FAN inside the NAS case, it runs on Armbian with kernel 5.4.32

I will open op the case later today to be sure. Thanks.

• Hi,

Now i did find the fan, here it goes "nano /sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1" it is at "0" can be controlled to "255"

Best Regards.

• Yes that is basically the way ATS is doing the changing as well I think, as those /sys entries are in the _CTL variables.

good that you got it working, or are you only half way?

M

• @mabs

The tool works on all image under 5.4 or so for me. But yes i am at the finish line, just wanted the fan to be always on. Just wanted to share, if someone will run in the same problems. Thanks.

• Helpful Thread!

But, ATS don't work for me on kernel 5.6 with ayufan release. Only this command works.

nano /sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1

Thanks @soerenderfor for the hint.

• Ok, problem in ATS is this?

-- FAN Control[ String ]
    	PWM_CTL		= {
    			"/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1",
    			"/sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1",
    			"/sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon1/pwm1"
    	},

• @FrankM - did you try fix the ATS tool, if yes. Will it Work?

Best Regards.

• Hi,

since I'm currently change my rockpro64 setup I came across this.

With the kernel from ayufan you need to set PWM_CTL to

/sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm1

for my self compiled one I need

/sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1

But I got it only working with one entry for PWM_CTL e.g.

PWM_CTL		= "/sys/devices/platform/pwm-fan/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1",

after that you need to start ats again

sudo systemctl stop ats
    sudo systemctl start ats

initially the fan should start immediately for a short period of time.

In case it is even a different one on your kernel you can find the right one using this command.

sudo find /sys -name pwm1 | grep hwmon

So far I'm not sure which kernel parameter or modul changes this.

Martin

• Nextcloud - Update auf 28.0.2

Nextcloud
    0 Stimmen
    2 Beiträge
    94 Aufrufe
    FrankMF

Für den, der sich alle Änderungen ansehen möchten -> https://github.com/nextcloud/server/releases

• 0 Stimmen
    1 Beiträge
    116 Aufrufe
    Niemand hat geantwortet
  • Debian Bookworm 12 - Test

Linux
    0 Stimmen
    6 Beiträge
    355 Aufrufe
    FrankMF

Es scheint sich was zu tuen. Ein paar Probleme, gehören der Vergangenheit an. Bitte beachten, ich nutze fast ausschließlich Wayland!

e0c00b53-8f25-4b52-97a3-6fd49a2c5638-grafik.png

Problem VLC

Ich nutze zum TV schauen gerne die Listen der Fritzbox. Damit kann man einfach im VLC TV schauen und umschalten usw. Problem war, das sehr oft, das Umschalten nicht korrekt funktionierte. Das scheint mittlerweile gefixt zu sein. DANKE!

56648116-4bbb-461c-b7fd-4a344cc12749-grafik.png

Problem KDE Desktop

Der KDE Desktop konnte sich die Positionen der Icons nicht "merken". Ich sortiere die gerne, so das ich die TV-Listen z.B. immer unten rechts vorfinde. Das ging leider lange nicht. Mittlerweile scheint das nervige Problem gefixt zu sein. Ich habe eben sogar extra dafür neugestartet um zu sehen, das die Positionen erhalten bleiben. DANKE!

63f71f34-c208-4b98-b0e9-54c94f3d19f2-grafik.png

Fazit

Somit bleibt aktuell noch ein Problem, das wäre OBS. Dafür muss ich aktuell noch immer auf eine X11 Session umschalten. Bitte fixen!

Es sieht auch so aus, das am KDE Plasma Desktop recht aktiv gearbeitet wird. Da kommen sehr oft, sehr viele neue Pakete rein. Nein, ich benutze kein Testing, ich bin aktuell auf dem Stable Zweig.

So langsam wird der KDE Plasma Desktop - unter Wayland - rund!

Bitte beachten, die Wayland Erfahrung hängt extrem von der GPU ab. Unter NVidia wird das auch heute keinen Spaß machen. Mit eingebauter AMD GPU und Intel GPU solltet ihr sehr wenige Probleme haben.

Das dürfte auch der Grund sein, warum immer mehr Distributionen ankündigen, in Zukunft nur noch auf Wayland zus setzen.

Link Preview Image It's Final: Fedora 40 to Offer Plasma 6, Drops X11 Entirely

FESCo members voted 6+1 to include KDE Plasma 6 with Wayland as the only desktop mode available in Fedora 40. Here's more on that!

favicon

Linuxiac (linuxiac.com)

• Debian Minimal von Mr.Fixit2001

Linux
    0 Stimmen
    4 Beiträge
    429 Aufrufe
    FrankMF

Release 190531 - Updated Debian Minimal Release

Kernel Updated to 4.4.180 Additional Kernel Fixes U-Boot patched to fix weird issue where only some EMMC modules will not boot
  • Mainline Kernel 4.18.0-rc3

Linux
    0 Stimmen
    1 Beiträge
    945 Aufrufe
    Niemand hat geantwortet
  • Mainline Kernel 4.20.x

Verschoben Images
    0 Stimmen
    26 Beiträge
    4k Aufrufe
    FrankMF

4.20.0-1090-ayufan released

Änderungen -> https://gitlab.com/ayufan-repos/rock64/linux-mainline-kernel/commits/master

• Restic - Ein Backupkonzept

Angeheftet Restic
    0 Stimmen
    1 Beiträge
    1k Aufrufe
    Niemand hat geantwortet
  • Mainline Kernel 4.17-rc7

Verschoben Archiv
    0 Stimmen
    8 Beiträge
    2k Aufrufe
    FrankMF

4.17.0-rc6-1029-ayufan released

Link Preview Image Releases · ayufan-rock64/linux-mainline-kernel

Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to ayufan-rock64/linux-mainline-kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

Seit 1021 funktioniert USB3.